Friday, October 08, 2010

P90X Days 2 & 3

Awesome and humbling workouts yesterday and today. Yesterday was Plyometrics, also known as jump training, has been proven to dramatically improve athletic performance. It is 58 minutes of jumping, stretching, jumping, running, jumping, well you get the idea. You get your heart rate up and keep it up. One heck of a sweat! You burn calories with this. I'll be interested to see the difference in my heart rate from when I started to the 90th day.

Today was shoulders and arms then Ab Ripper X. I'll talk the painful workout second. Working the shoulders and arms you need to make sue you have the right equipment. I was using dumbells my sonhad and I thought I had the correct weight but found my ego was stronger than my muscles. I was doing too much toping the program to keep changing the weights around that I was wasting time (although the breaks felt great!). I got through the workout but I'm going to get a set of the dial weights so I can change on the fly.

After that workout was completed I did the Ab Ripper X and thought I was going to die! I couldn't keep up with that at all. Makes me pissed to think about all those beers and pizza I ate that is now hanging around my waist. Although it's a quick 16 minute program it feels like hours. It gave me the motivation to be really strict with my diet (which is the key to the program) so I can to the whole workout with no breaks.

Tomorrow is yoga, I hope I won't turn into a pretzel!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Mark Dacoron said...

hey keep up with the p90x. it will get easier. check out my blog if you like.

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home