Wednesday, October 13, 2010

P90X Day 8 - Week 2


I started on round 2 today and can really feel it. It helps to get the right equipment. I was using regular free weight dumb bells and what a pain in the neck to change if the weight wasn't quite right. I picked up the Powerblock adjustable dumbells. Great units and a lot cheaper that Bowflex. These start at 15 lbs and go to 50 and adjust in 5 lb increments. The Bowflex has 2 different sets, 1 goes up to 52.5 lbs and adjusts in 2.5 lb increments while the other set does the same and goes to 90lbs. The difference:
Powerblock: $299 for the set
Bowflex 52.5Lbs: $399
Bowflex 90Lbs: $599
(Price from Dick's Sporting Goods)

For the starter I highly recommend the Powerblock.

Now that I'm starting to get the routine down I was really working on form today and increasing reps and weights. I still have a LONG way to go with pull ups using the chair for assistance. Push ups are going in the right direction but not at the pace I would like. 3rd time with Ab Ripper X and boy it was killer today. I know the abs are getting worked because of the pain. Still don't have the flexibility to get the full range of motion but I'll keep pushing it more and more each workout.

I was getting a little disheartened but I like the phrase Tony used in the workout, "Rome wasn't built in a day and neither was your body." That got me refocused to keep bring it. Tomorrow is Plyometrics. I will push play!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Frank S. said...

LEt me make a correction to the weight range of the Powerblock, they start at 10 pounds if you just use the handles.

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home