Friday, October 15, 2010

P90X Day 10

Shoulders and arms today and I was amazed at how much I was able to increase the weight on this 2nd round. 1st time through I was just about able to get through with weights 10 to 15 pounds. But today I was able to push that to 20 to 25 on most of them while maxing out at 8-10 reps as Tony suggests. I could feel the difference an I have a weak left shoulder and was able to do the workout even though I strained a bit. It was awesome.

Now to bring me back to earth I did the Ab Ripper X workout right afterwards and my God the PAIN! I kept up a bit more but was not satisfied at all. I have an extremely weak mid section and this will take quite a while to strengthen. Tony was stating that one of the members in video couldn't do any of these after the 20 day mark but he has no problem now. (Another good psychological technique to keep you motivated). Hey, that works for me!

The best motivation I had to day was putting a pair of dungarees on. Now my pants are size 40 and I couldn't button and if I could, I sure as hell couldn't sit down. I was going to after my fat pants (size 42) but I figured why not see if they're tight or snug. So I pulled them out of my drawer, slipped in one leg then the other, pulled them up and went to button them. Success! Not only where they night tight or snug, they fit great! Now you're probably thinking, well they're still size 40. You're right they are but that's at least 2 inches down from where I was before and this is 10 days into the program. Believe me, I'm a realist and I know I still have a looooooooooong way to go but this psyches me up to keep going.

It's been hard on some days especially when the cravings start for snacks or wanting to have a glass or 2 or 3 or 4 or (more) of wine or beer or JD, but this pushes those thoughts right out of my head. Although I'm just starting to see the difference is parts of my body, this will push me harder to BRING IT!!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Brad said...

Just keep sticking with it. The results really start to show up in the next couple weeks.

Are you a Beachbody Coach? I didn't see anywhere on your site saying you are. Go to http://BeachbodyCoach.com/bradgibala and click on Coach to learn more. You get a 25% discount on their products. Check out my site for details and contact me.

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home