Sunday, October 17, 2010

P90X Day 12 - Legs & Back, Ab Ripper X

Great workout today. I was surprised to see the weight I added to this program for my legs. First round was going through the exercises for the form but I made notes to go up on my weights! To me that is key!! If you think the weights weren't heavy enough for the routine you did today, put the weight to push yourself for the next week. I've been doing that and it takes the guess work out from what I did the previous week. I don't stop and think "Was 15 lbs. good or should I go to 20?" When I went through the workout today I moved right along and I felt I got more out of it because I didn't have to stop.

Made tremendous progress on the back, especially on pull ups. i still use a chair for assistance but I really concentrate to use my body. I tried to a pull up without the chair and actually got 2! Yes 2! You're probably thinking, are you kidding me, only 2? Hey, I couldn't get a 1/4 of a push up before I started and this is 12 days in!! It's great! Again, I made notes for next week to push the weights up from where I was today. Now the killer portion.

Ab Ripper X - who ever thought of this is a sadist! Just beat my gut with a baseball bat! Here too I see SOME progress although it is small. Small is better than nothing!! Keep bringing it, take the brakes when you need to, DO YOUR BEST AND FORGET THE REST!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home