Monday, October 18, 2010

P90X Day 13 - Kenpo X

Finished up day 13 with the Kenpo X workout and my body is really starting to get change. Today was the martial arts cardio workout and I was pumped. I kept pace through the whole program including the kicks, punches, combo moves. I just need to get better form to hold my balance more but I was surprised that I was able to move the way I did. During the 2nd half of the workout I pushed myself to get the height on the kicks and as low as possible in the horse stance. Flexibility is still an issue but at 51 years old it will take a bit longer to work that out.

Tomorrow is day 14 and the off day which I will take advantage of. Last Tuesday I did the X Stretch and I think my body could use a down day. It will give me time took look back over the past 13 days to see where I have improved and where improvement still needs to be. I'll also take my weight and measurements to see how I'm doing from a physical appearance. Mentally I'm doing great. Just having my clothes fit from being so tight is motivation enough.

Check in tomorrow to see how I'm doing 2 weeks into the program.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Matt Noyes said...

Nice job Frank! Keep up the good work...

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Brian said...

Just discovered your blog. Congrats on making the decision to get in the best shape of your life!

One piece of advice I have ... don't skip the X Stretch days. I know it's great to take a day off, but X Stretch in important. Especially given the fact that you have mentioned many times about not being flexible. This routine not only helps you to become more flexible, but in doing so helps prevent injuries and plateaus.

Obviously this is just my opinion. But I think you could modify this routine to get a good stretch without pushing yourself too far. If you are really gentle and mindful, you can still get results from this workout while feeling like you had a "down day".

Just my $.02
Keep up the great work and continue to BRING IT!

1:42 PM  
Blogger Frank S. said...

Thanks Brian. I am going to add that to my off day, just needed a break mentally and physically. I may do some doubles on the weekend doing a full routine in the morning and the X Stretch later in the day.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Frank S. said...

Thanks Matt! Appreciate the push to get me going!!

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home